Other places to find legal help and information:

Indiana Supreme Court Self-Service Legal Center:    http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/  offers free legal information, court forms, and various resources for people who represent themselves in court.

If you need to hire an attorney, find a local one at:

http://www.inbar.org/?page=local_bars  - search by county for your local bar association

Civil legal aid programs in Indiana

They give free legal help. Mostly they help people whose income is low for a family of that size. They don’t take criminal cases, only cases that you yourself can’t go to jail for.

Indiana Legal Services:   serving statewide with offices in Indianapolis, Bloomington, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Hammond, Lafayette, Merrillville, New Albany and South Bend:   www.indianalegalservices.org or call 844-243-8570 (toll free) Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Indianapolis Legal Aid Society, serving Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby counties:     www.indylas.org or call 317-635-9538 

Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic: https://www.nclegalclinic.org/ or call:   317-429-4131 (Indianapolis) and 260-456-8972 (Fort Wayne)

Legal Aid Society of Evansville, serving Vanderburgh County residents only:  (812) 435-5173

Legal Aid Corporation of Tippecanoe County
, serving Tippecanoe County residents only: http://tclegalaid.org/ or call 765-742-1068

Elkhart Legal Aid Services, serving Elkhart County residents:  574-294-2658

Center for Victim and Human Rights, serving victims of crime and human rights abuses: http://www.cvhr.org/ or call  (317) 610-3427

              *                *                 *                *                 *                *                 *                *

Volunteer Attorney Pro Bono Programs

NWI Volunteer Attorneys, serving Lake, Porter, Jasper and Newton: www.nwivolunteerlawyers.org or call 219-945-1799 or 866-945-1799 (toll free)

The Volunteer Lawyer Network, serving LaPorte, St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall, Starke and Kosciusko counties:  www.volunteerlawyernetwork.net or call 574-277-0075

Volunteer Lawyer Program of Northeast Indiana, serving LaGrange, Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley counties:  www.vlpnei.org  or call 260-407-0917 and 877-407-0917 (toll free)

Indiana District 4 Pro Bono Corporation, serving Clinton, Fountain, Montgomery, Tippecanoe, Warren, Benton, Carroll, Vermillion, Parke, Boone and White counties:  call 765-423-5327 or 800-382-7581 (toll free)

Wabash Valley Volunteer Attorneyserving Cass, Fulton, Howard, Miami, Tipton, Pulaski, Grant and Wabash counties:  (765) 423-5327

District 6 Access to Justice, serving Blackford, Delaware, Henry, Jay, Madison, Hamilton, Hancock and Randolph counties:  http://myjustice.org/ or 765-465-8482 or 800-910-4407 (toll free)

Heartland Pro Bono Council, serving Marion county:  www.heartlandprobono.org 

District 10 Pro Bono Project, serving Greene, Lawrence, Monroe, Putnam, Hendricks, Clay, Morgan, Owen, Vigo and Sullivan counties:  www.d10probono.org or call 812-339-3610 every Monday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Thursday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m

Legal Aid District Elevenserving Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson, Johnson, Shelby, Rush and Jennings counties:  877-378-0358 (intake Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.)

Legal Volunteers of Southeast Indianaserving Dearborn, Jefferson, Ohio, Ripley, Franklin, Wayne, Union, Fayette and Switzerland counties:  812-537-0123 and 877-237-0123 (toll free)

Volunteer Lawyer Program of Southwest Indiana, serving Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick counties:  www.facebook.com/VolunteerLawyerProgramOfSouthwesternIndianaInc.  For intake, call Legal Aid Society of Evansville, serving Vanderburgh County residents only:  (812) 435-5173 or Indiana Legal Services Evansville, 812-426-1295 or 800-852-3477 (toll free)

Southern Indiana Pro Bono Referrals, serving Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Orange, Scott and Washington counties: www.probono14.org or call 812-288-8002

Whitewater Valley Pro Bono Commission, serving Wayne County (and foreclosure prevention services for Randolph, Union and Wayne counties):     www.whitewatervalleyprobono.org or call 765-983-7353 

Servicemembers seeking legal help -  Indiana Lawyers for Servicemembers:     http://www.inbar.org/page/militaryassistance 

You may find information on elder law at:

Indiana Laws of Aging:     http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.inbar.org/resource/resmgr/2015LawsOfAging.pdf 

Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?